Sunday, March 20, 2016

Conversations With My Sister #2

Some time ago.

My Sister: Have you bought a bin yet?

I realise that it’s going to be one of ‘those’ conversations.

Me: What?

MS: You know.

Me: [Lighting a cigarette and feeling weary] I really don’t. I’ve got a bin.

MS: For the bathroom.

My bathroom is used for a number of very key functions in my life – household refuse disposal is not one of them. I frown at her.

MS: The children. Favourite Daughter?

Me: [Exhaling a plume of cigarette smoke] And?

MS: She’ll be coming to stay with you soon?

I shrug. These are established facts.

MS: [After gazing at me for awhile] She’s thirteen now?

I stare at her some more. I know my daughter’s age. I don’t see the connection between that and the need for additional refuse receptacles.

We stare at each other a bit more.

Me: Oh. Riiiight.

My sister nods with a “fuck me, finally” look about her.


Me: I should probably buy a bin with a lid for the bathroom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, as we oldies say.

2:42 am  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Hi Lynne and thanks. And I thought only the youngsters LOLed? I can't keep up...

5:49 pm  
Anonymous looby said...

Ha ha --- took me a while to twig too (and mine are teenagers as well).

1:03 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Seems we're both as slow as each other.

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to newer posts

.............